Water and Energy Supply Functional and Non-Functional Water Schemes in the Zone Table 42:-Functional & Non-functional Water Schemes Types of water Schemes Number of Functional Water Schemes Number of Non-Functional Water Schemes Total (Functional +Non-functional) Percentage of Functional water Schemes Percentage of Non-Functional water Schemes 2013EC 2014EC 2013EC 2014EC 2013EC 2014EC 2013EC 2014EC 2013EC 2014EC Deep Well 94 96 18 19 112 115 84% 83% 16% 17% Shallow Well fitted with Hand pump 561 649 150 150 711 799 79% 81% 21% 19% Hand dug well fitted with hand pump 1165 4,293 776 776 1,941 5,069 60% 85% 40% 15% Motorized spring 76 89 11 11 87 100 87% 89% 13% 11% Spring on spot 10,027 10,733 1,208 1,208 11,235 11,941 89% 90% 11% 10% River diversion 1 1 0 0 1 1 100% 100% 0% 0% Total Water Schemes 11,924 15,861 2,163 2,164 14,087 18,025 85% 88% 15% 12% Source:-Adopted from Annual Statistical Abstract Data of the Zone & Zonal Water & Energy Office. The above table indicates the number of functional & Non-fanctional water schemes in the zone in the past two consecutive years of study. In the year 2013EC, there were about 94 deep wells, 561 shallow well fitted with hand pump, 1,165 hand dug well fitted with hand pump, 76 motorized spring, 10,027 spring on spot & 1 river diversion functional water schemes in the zone. In this year, there were about 18 deep well, 150 shallow well fitted with hand pump, 776 hand dug well fitted with hand pump, 11 motorized spring, and 1208 spring on spot non-functional water schemes in the zone. According to the data we have, in this year about 85% of water schemes available in the zone were functional while the remaining 15% were not functional. In the year 2014EC, there were about 96 deep well, 649 shallow well fitted with hand pump, 4,293 hand dug well fitted with hand pump, 89 motorized spring, 10,733 spring on spot and 1 river diversion functional water schemes in the zone. In this year, there were 19 deep well, 150 shallow well fitted with hand pump, 776 hand dug well fitted with hand pump, 11 motorized spring, and 1208 spring on spot non-functional water schemes in the zone. In this year, out of the the total water schemes available in the zone, about 88% were functional while the remaining 12% were non-functional water schemes in the zone. Graphically, number of functional & non-functional water schemes looks like the following; Using Graph, Percentage of functional & non-functional water schemes looks like the following; Source:-Adopted from the above table data. Number of Urban & Rural Population Supplied with potable Water in the zone in the year 2013 & 2014EC. Table 43:-Population Supplied with potable water Districts 2013EC 2014EC Total Population Population supplied with potable water Potable water coverage Total Population Population supplied with potable water Potable water coverage Botor Tolay 109,658 60,312 55% 112276 63,772 57% Chora Botor 83,080 49,840 60% 83,406 57,820 69% Dedo 252,051 164,560 65% 258,856 168,560 65% Gera 163,737 141,452 86% 168,157 149,480 89% Gomma 311,612 213,682 69% 310,276 254,426 82% Gumay 132,472 109,982 83% 130,630 117,641 90% Kersa 210,764 179,659 85% 239,642 225,765 94% Limu Kossa 270,000 184,930 68% 178,607 144,052 81% Limu Seka 178,609 139,907 78% 110,000 75,000 68% Aggaro Town 110,000 69,000 63% 225,000 211,050 94% Jimma Town 225,000 211,050 94% 213,656 171,879 80% Mana 205,497 165,527 81% 184,353 159,918 87% Mencho 179,857 154,530 86% 102,647 92,000 90% Nadi Gibe(Tiro Afeta) 191,538 159,206 83% 180,515 155,769 86% Nono Benja 99,905 85,930 86% 141,846 125,870 89% Omo Beyam 141,846 122,980 87% 232,746 181,542 78% Omo Nada 220,290 166,318 75% 210,764 179,659 85% Seka Chekorsa 296,440 227,607 77% 295,989 237,768 80% Setema 150,498 97,471 65% 163,057 103,971 64% Shabe Sombo 163,441 118,400 72% 167,892 128,400 76% Sigimo 138,738 59,969 43% 138,738 46,246 33% Sokorru 200,956 148,708 74% 206,601 147,340 71% Total 4,035,989 3,031,020 75% 4,055,654 3,197,928 79% Source:-Annual Statistical Abstract Data of the zone for the year 2013 & 2014EC. The above table indicates the number of urban & rural population supplied with potable water in the past two consecutive years of study. In the year 2013EC, out of the total population of the zone estimated to be 4,035,989, about 3,031,020 populations were supplied with potable water in the zone. Hence potable water coverage of the zone was estimated to be 75% in the year 2013EC. In the year 2014EC, out of the zonal population estimated to be 4,055,654, a total of about 3,197,928 people were aupplied with potable water in the zone. Hence in this year, potable water coverage of the zone was estimated to be 79% in the zone. Graphically, the above table data can be shown belo Fuel Stations The following table shows the available fuel stations in Jimma Zone. Table 44:-Fuel Stations & their Capacity No. Name of Fuel Stations Capacity in Liters Benzene Kerosene Gasoline Total Capacity 1 NOKE 50,000 50,000 100,000 200,000 2 Yetebaberut 50,000 50,000 100,000 200,000 3 Sabaa Galiib Olibiya 22,000 60,000 82,000 164,000 4 Saba Oilibiya 28,000 30,000 60,000 118,000 5 Mintiwab Oilibiya 60,000 0 120,000 180,000 6 Getachew Total 20,000 - 50,000 70,000 7 Esimael Total 50,000 0 100,000 150,000 8 Christian Total 45,000 0 100.000 145,000 9 Kobil 22,000 30,000 80,000 132,000 10 Dina Total 50,000 50,000 200,000 300,000 11 M/Amin Yetebaberut 50,000 100,000 150,000 300,000 12 TAF 50,000 50,000 100,000 200,000 13 Honeyl land Oilbiya 50,000 0 200,000 250,000 14 Nasir NOK 100,000 50,000 150,000 300,000 15 NOKE(Agaro) 2 100,000 100,000 100,000 300,000 16 OILIBIYA (Agaro) 2 100,000 100,000 100,000 300,000 17 Total (Agaro) 1 50,000 50,000 50,000 150,000 18 Abelti Fuel Station 96,000 48,000 0 144,000 Total 993,000 768,000 1,742,100 3,603,000 Source:-Jimma Town, Agaro Town & the respective district Finance Office. The table shows the number of fuel stations with their holding capacity in litters by types of fuel in the zone. Out of the available fuel stations in the zone, about 14 fuel stations are found in Jimma Town from which one is now a days not functional because of unknown reasons to the author. About 5 fuel stations are found in Agaro Town while the remaining one is found in Sokorru district as we have mentioned on the above table. Such fuel stations have the capacity of holding 993,000 litters of benzene, 768,000 litters of kerosene, 1,742,100 litters of gasoline and a total of 3,603,000 litters of fuel